This is an event site-oriented production technician position that coordinates with CSM event managers in order to ensure the proper planning and execution of the production elements (commonly audio, video, lighting, rigging, and/or scenic.) A person in this role helps in determining production element needs based on project specifications, and generates load lists based on these specifications. This position also executes small-to-medium production projects by traveling to job-site, setting up production equipment and providing on-site technical operation and support, interacting with event managers and clients as needed. This position works in the warehouse on the preparation and restoration of projects based on availability and need.
- Preparing and maintaining gear and equipment in the warehouse for each event. This also includes the regular maintenance of inventory and repairing equipment.
- Executing production events, delivering equipment to events, packing up and returning to warehouse.
- Determine production element needs based on project specifications, and generates load lists based on these specifications.
- Executes small-to-medium production projects by traveling to job-site, setting up production equipment, providing on-site technical operation/support, interacting with event managers/clients as needed.
- Assist in the warehouse on the preparation and restoration of projects based on availability and need.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of experience in A/V production or related fields.
- Skilled in running audio, video and lighting productions.
- Ability to work on an event site in a safe manner, which includes taking instruction from more senior staff.
- Knowledge of inventory control systems (such as R2).
- Ability to obtain DOT medical card and drive 26’ box truck and pickup/trailer combo.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and written.
- Ability to obtain forklift certification.
- Ability to obtain basic first aid certification.
- Ability to travel and work non-business (evening and weekend) hours as needed.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a variety of individuals from a wide range of business areas (i.e. executive-level clients, general public).
This position works in a warehouse setting, with some outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, and standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, box cutters and tape dispensers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this position, please visit www.csmproduction.com/jobs.